Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Ripped

Ripped tights I predict will be seen everywhere pretty soon. On the streets, in the library, in the bathroom, on Japanese television. Ripped tights have been seen on Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen, Karen O, Dakota Fanning, Miley Cyrus, Kristen Stewart, Tyler Swift, Elle Magazine recently did a spread about this "new trend"Vera Wang's fall show had models featured with ripped tights.
I am finding it difficult to fall into this new trend. Yes, many pull the "ripped" off well, but then on others it looks like they ran into a garden of knives getting on the subway. Don't get me wrong, I love new and different trends and especially love making things at home for $5 that looks designer (in this case Vera Wang).
The Best way to pull of the ripped tight look would be to get a very thin sheer pair of black tights and rip vertically down without causing any major gashes.
However, I am not yet completely sold on this look. I do have many tights in my drawer that I believed were fatally ripped, but who knows, I might just put these tights on my legs.
But the real question is...is this "ripped" look chique or cheap?

1 comment: